Sunday 15 May 2011

Tutorial Five - Video Production Settings

YouTube has only been around for a little more than half a decade, yet as of 2010, was the third most visited online site, next to Google and facebook (Admin, 2010). YouTube is a website which allows you to upload and watch videos for free. Uploading a video to YouTube allows almost everybody to see it, giving the user little ability to restrict to any particular audience. YouTube videos are not only viewed on their website, links are made on other sources where you are able to watch the video. Examples of this blog postings like this one - see below for YouTube videos and facebook. It is likely that YouTube will continue to grow and develop new ideas. This is a link to the famous YouTube! Although I am sure you are well aware what it is!

Admin. (2010, December 8). a summary of youtubes short history. Retrieved April 11, 2011, from Digital History: http://digitalhistory.org/a-summary-of-youtubes-short-biography.htm


During this blog we were asked to decide and share on a topic of interest that we feel familiar with from a placement experience. My first placement was at Kew Hospital in Invercargill working in acute physical. During this placement I met some amazing people with so much will power. I also got to see some satisfying results in the short four weeks I was there. Below are some videos in which relate to my placement.


This video is so good to watch! Such a heart warming feeling to watch the amazing work of occupational therapists. This video is physical care but is a long rehabilitation process. I wanted to share it with the world
Enjoy!




The second video I wish to share with you is about post surgical care. I was exposed to a lot of this kind of care during my four week placement.




This next video shows equipment used for a total hip replacement post operation. However, the hints and tips provided are used for many other physical disabilities. I learnt a lot about these pieces of equipment and hints during my placement.




This video discusses how to do correct transfers. I was shown correct ways to transfer on my fieldwork one placement. I observed patients transfer on and off bath seat, onto raised toilet seats, on and off their wheelchairs etc. This video shows how to perform a correct technique when transferring off a bed in many different situations.




The last video shows an assissted stand pivot transfer. This transfer is used when a patient can sit, stand, pivot and bear some weight on their legs but is experiencing some weakness or loss of balance or sensation that requires assistance to transfer safely. This was a technique also demonstrated on my fieldwork one placement.




These five videos all are interesting to watch and have some great information in them! they all relate to my fieldwork experience in a physical setting! Hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment